Thursday 17 January 2013

Palak Paneer

A lush green spinach gravy with Indian cottage cheese is a perfect combination with tandoori rotis. Oh! I still remember we used to wait for the weekends to be spent with our mom and dad. It was so often that four of us enjoyed  sweet moments together in any of the restaurants for our dinner and as usual my sister would always order Palak Paneer  with tandoori rotis! That flavour was locked in my mouth and once. Though I was small to workout in kitchen my mom always gave me chance to try the recipes! And I tried this initially my spinach would either be over blanched or my gravy would be a bit more watery.But now its not the same case. Here I present to you restaurant style palak paneer.




Ingredients:

  1. Blanched and puried Spinach  --  2 bunch
  2. Paneer  --  500 gms cut into cubes
  3. Onions  --  finely chopped
  4. Green Chillies  --  2-3
  5. Tomatoes  --  2 chopped
  6. Ginger  --  finely chopped  2 tsp
  7. Turmeric Powder  --  1/2 tsp
  8. Chilli Powder  --  1 tsp
  9. Coriander Powder  --  1/2 tsp
  10. Garam Masala Powder  --  1/2 tsp
  11. Fresh Cream  --  2tbsp
  12. Whole Red Chillies  --  2-3
  13. Oil  --  2 tbsp
  14. Salt to taste
Method:

  • Shallow fry the paneer cubes.

  • Heat oil in the kadai add chopped onions and chopped green chillies and saute till golden brown.
  • Add the tomatoes, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder and saute well till the oil separates.
  • Add the puried spinach and mix well.
  • Add the chopped ginger at this stage.
  • Now add the paneer pieces to it and add salt to taste.
  • Add the fresh cream and add the garam masala powder to the gravy.
  • Garnish with fresh cream and fried red chillies and serve hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment