Friday 23 September 2016

Moong Dal Halwa

First let me thank each one of you for your support to inspire me to post my simple recipes. I am a simple house wife who would like to share all those recipe in its authentic form, I may not have a high definition attractive professional food photos, but each of my recipes will have genuine and realistic food photos and recipes. Most of the time its so difficult to click pictures being in kitchen all alone cooking as well as clicking, and then when its time to take final click of the finished product my kid will be waiting anxiously and impatiently to attack on it as soon as possible. That's why I call its genuine.. :-)
Just your one comment to my efforts will surely give me a hope to posts more and more recipes.
Today I will share a yummy delicious and healthy (I am specifying healthy in terms of pulses only...). Its moong dal ka halwa. Its soft, silky and melts in your mouth... so this festive season do try this recipe and specially serve it to kids they are going to love it for sure... It can be a good option for your kids tiffin too.

Ingredients:
  1. Yellow moong dal  --  1 cup
  2. Ghee melted  --  2/3 cup
  3. Sugar  --  1 and 1/4th cup
  4. Milk  --  3 cups
  5. Cardamom powder -- 1 tsp
  6. Almond sliced  --  just a few as much you like.
  7. Saffron  --  few strands.

Method:
  • Soak moong dal for 4-5 hours and grind them into paste not that smooth it should be a little coarse.
  • Soak saffron for 1-2 hours in warm milk.
  • In a deep bottom vessel boil 3 cups of milk and reduce the milk to half. 
  • In a another nonstick kadai heat some ghee add the moong dal mixture and stir nicely in low flame till its golden brown.
  • Next add sugar to the moong dal mixture and mix well.
  • Add reduced milk to the moong dal sugar mixture and stir nicely till the halwa leaves the kadai and rolls up neately.
  • When the ghee starts to leave the sides add cardamom powder and saffron milk to the halwa and combine it nicely to the halwa.
  • Top it with sliced almonds and serve hot or cold as you wish.


No comments:

Post a Comment