Monday 27 May 2013

Eggless Marble Cake

OMG! I will never forget my experiene while baking this cake. Everything was doing well. My batter and setting of the marble effect cake before baking was all perfect. And baking of cake was also perfect and suddenly after 15 min my microwave went off. It was so hot as I had decided to bake my cake in convection mode. I was so upset I knew nothing was wrong with my microwave its only coz it was too hot the magnetron must have over heated so after the oven cools it will get started. But my cake cant wait that long its almost done it needs only 10 more minutes in convection mode and just a couple of minute in high microwave mode so I decided to bake it in cooker yes! pressure cooker. So thats the reason my cake had shrinked after I cooked it in cooker. But amazingly it tasted so good... you can see how delicious it looks and its tastes excellent.
Here in my marble cake chocolate is dominating the vanilla part so when you make the cake divide the batter in such a way that the chocolate part of the cake should be less coz when you add the cocoa powder to it both the vanilla and chocolate part will be equal.





Ingredients:

  1. Maida  --  1 cup full
  2. Baking Powder  --  1 tsp
  3. Sugar  --  3/4th of 1 cup powdered
  4. vanilla essence  --  3-4 drops.
  5. Curd  --  1 cup
  6. Milk  --  3-4 tablespoon
  7. Butter  --  1/2 cup in room temperature
  8. Cocoa Powder  --  3/4th of 1 cup
  9. Baking Powder  --  1 tsp
Method:
  • Sieve together all purpose flour and baking powder into a bowl.
  • In another bowl blend together which is at room temperature along with the powdered sugar till creamy consistency.
  • Into the butter cream add the vanilla essence and mix well.
  • Now add the curd and then blend nicely with hand blender or electric blender.
  • Now add the sieved flour and fold it along with the butter curd mixture.
  • If your batter is too thick add milk to make it into correct consistency little by little.
  • Now divide the flour to mix cocoa powder to it.
  • The part in which you will add the cocoa powder should be less than that vanilla part because once you add the cocoa powder it will be equal. I made the mistake of dividing the batter equally before adding the cocoa powder.
  • Preheat the microwave oven at high for 2 minutes.
  • Now add the cocoa powder to it and mix nicely.
  • Now grease the baking tray with some butter and sprinkle a little flour all around.
  • Pour the vanilla batter with a spoon and put a gap between each spoon of batter into the tray. Now fill the gap with the chocolate batter and repeat this step. Make a swrill to give a marble effect with a tooth pick and bake for about 30 min or less as per your machine heats... at 180 degree in convection mode or for about 5-6 minutes at high microwave.
  • Serve hot with chocolate sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment