From long time I was thinking to prepare this dish but then thinking about the rich calories in them I use to withdraw but now my sister is back home after her studies and my husband too is in his leave so this is this is the right moment... and here it is SHAHI CHICKEN wow a wonderful royal chicken and all time favorite of the Nizams...
- Chicken -- 500gms
- Onions -- 2 sliced
- Ginger Garlic Paste -- 2 tsp
- Green Chillies chopped -- 2
- Blanched and blended Tomatoes -- 2
- Cashewnuts -- 1 handfull
- Khuskhus -- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder -- 1tsp
- Chilli Powder -- 1tsp
- Coriander Powder -- 1tsp
- Fried Onion paste -- 1tbsp
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Butter or Clarified Butter.
- Heat oil in kadai add finely chopped onions and saute well then add the ginger garlic paste and saute till oil separates.
- Mean while make a paste of cashews and khuskhus.
- Now add the tomatoes and let it cook till soft. Add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander and nicely saute them till the raw taste of masala is gone.
- Now add the chicken and mix well, let all the masala coat the chicken well.
- Now some water if required and cook till chicken is well done, add the fried onion paste and then the cashew khus khus paste.
- Now mix well in high flame and to finish it off add the ghee or butter and garnish with coriander leaves and chopped green chillies.
- Serve hot with green peas pulav.