Monday 18 February 2013

Fish Polichathu with my FIRST LEIBSTER AWARD

I have been thinking to make this recipe from very long time, today is the day that I have got a golden chance to make this recipe as one of our cousin will join us for lunch so this is an apt! dish that he coud enjoy! This is a traditional fish that is grilled after packing it in banana leaf with that kerala stye masala. Yummy! fish goes well with Hot Steamed Rice, or Vellayappam or even Chapatis so try guys its a big sucess!


Ingredients:
  1. Fish  --  You can use any fish for this recipe. Mentioned ingredients are for single pearl eye fish.
  2. Onions  --  1 chopped
  3. Tomatoes  --  1 chopped
  4. Green Chillies  --  1 chopped
  5. Ginger Garlic crushed  --  1 tsp
  6. Chilli Powder  --  1/2 tsp
  7. Turmeric Powder  --  1 pinch
  8. Coriander Powder  --  1 tsp
  9. Curry Leaves
  10. Oil  --  1 tbsp
  11. Salt to taste
  12. Banana leaves to pack
  13. 1/2 tsp chilli powder, a pinch turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp lemon juice and salt to marinate the fish.



Method:
  • Marinate the fish with the mentioned ingredient in the 13th point.
  • Shallow fry the fish in the oil and keep aside.
  • Heat oil in a kadai and saute the onions along with the crushed ginger garlic and green chillies.
  • Saute well till the onions become translucent.
  • Now add the tomatoes, and all the spices from Ingredient number 5 to 8 and saute well.
  • Add salt to taste and saute till the oil separates. 
  • Also saute few curry leaves it just gives a beautiful flavour and aroma.
  • Now clean the banana leaf carefully as it may tear.
  • Just warm the leaves in the gas so that it may be easy to wrap.
  • Now spread 1/2 of the prepared masala in the banana leaf and place the shallow fried fish over it and then spread left over masala over the fish garnish with curry leaves, and sprinkle a little raw coconut oil if you like and then wrap the fish with the banana leaf and toast it either side in a tawa.
  • Note that after you pack first place the folded part down and toast it would not open.
  • Serve hot! and Enjoy!
OH MY GOD! feeling delighted after I have received my FIRST  AWARD FROM SINI's MENU... thekitchenmagic.blogspot.in... She had send me this award nearly 2 weeks before but since I was out of station I noticed it a little late! but now I am back with full strength to post new recipes for my viewers


There are some rules for receiving this award.They are as follows.......
  1. write 11 random facts about yourself.
  2. answer the 11 questions provided by the award giver
  3. select 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers in their list for presenting the award and mention them in your post.
  4. create 11 questions that the bloggers will need to answer.
  5. tell the person who nominated you  along with the 11persons you have nominated.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
  1. I am a food lover and I started cooking at early age of 10.
  2. I love to cook for others and serve with happiness.
  3. I am loyal to my friends and helpfull too.
  4. A truth is that I have very few friends I must specify that they are my trust worthy good firends.
  5. I am a very patriotic person may be thats why God had send me my husband who is in defence.
  6. Another fact about me is that I am a God fear, having traditional values with modern outlook to my life.
  7. A fact that I have very less time to dedicate my self for my blog because of my one year old son who is too much mischievous.
  8. My hobbies include singing, dancing and sketching too.
  9. I hate injustice and I get over emotional when I hear about those people who have gone through tough situations.
  10. I have few dreams which will be fulfilled when the correct time will come for that I have to put all my efforts and have to wait patiently.
  11. I am grateful to God who has given me such a supportive parents and a very understanding, loving and supportive husband.
NOW THE ANSWERS FOR SINI'S QUESTIONS:
  1. My love for food... love for cooking and love for sharing my style recipes made me start a blog. 
  2. I prefer to live in a city and visit my village quite frequently because I believe both places have their own advantages and disadvantages. 
  3. My favorite food is one that I have daily.
  4. I love both my ammas food but my mom's special chicken is one of my most favorite and my mother inlaws kadala curry i.e; chickpea curry I just love it!
  5. My favorite dessert is hot gulab jamun with ice cream.
  6. Most memorable moment is when I got my Baby after a very very painful and emergency C-section.
  7. My favorite quote is "Be the change that you wish to see in the world" said by Mahatma Gandhi. 
  8. A young heart which inspires me to reach the heights that I wish and gain success in life.
  9. My favorite fruit is watermelon.
  10. Favorite holiday spot is my own village.
  11. Best food I ever had is one my mom makes.
Questions for my 11 Bloggers:-
  1.  Are you a food lover?
  2. How supportive are your parents and loved ones for your blog?
  3. How did you feel when you got your First comment for any of your recipes in your blog?
  4. What is your cooking style Indian or Western?
  5. Which one would you prefer 1)to have food from high class restaurants or a simple village dhabba?
  6. Do you love to travel?
  7. what is your favorite restaurant?
  8. What is your goal?
  9. What made you start a blog and which is your first dish?
  10. What are your hobbies?
  11. Give any five fruit name with different colours.
I would like to share this AWARD with following bloggers:






2 comments:

  1. looks yummy and tasty....
    I'm pleased to pass on the Leibster award to you... please pick it up from
    http://thekitchenmagic.blogspot.com/2013/03/potato-mezhukkupuratti-and-my-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Lotus for choosing me for the Leibster Award.

    ReplyDelete